A Course on Insight
Prof. Patrick Byrne of the Philosophy Department at Boston College offered a year-long course on Lonergan’s magnum opus, Insight during the 2009-2010 academic year. The course was entitled “Insight and Beyond.” It is intended to make both the fundamental and the more difficult parts of Insight accessible to a wide audience. During the second half of the Spring 2010 semester, the course was originally intended also to explore the developments in Lonergan’s post-Insight works on meaning, interpretation, history, ethics, values and religion. However, class discussion of the 20 chapters of Insight itself required nearly the entirety of the two semesters.
The course lectures, discussions and visual aids have been made available online for anyone interested in Lonergan’s thought, using the Echo 360 course-capture technology. Viewers will not need to purchase the Echo 360 application. Instructions for using the Echo 360 files, including technical requirements, are available on the Insight Course page.
Please visit the Insight Course page for more information, and to view the lectures and discussions.
- Paper from recent lecture by author Michael McCarthy available!
- Video of lecture by Professor Robbie George of Princeton no available online!
- Patrick H. Byrne publishes new book
- Michael H. McCarthy publishes new book
- New edition of Method Journal, in honor of Robert Doran, SJ’s The Trinity in History